I want you to experience lots of targeted and predictable pain right now 😉

This week on social media I put out a very important thought on health and fitness, and one that I thought I'd share and elaborate on with you today. I said:

"Health and fitness is about exposing yourself to some short-term predicted discomfort, so you can relieve yourself of some UNWANTED or UNPREDICTED pain or discomfort later in life. It's about having the freedom to do what you want and the body that lets you do it. Make yourself a little uncomfortable today, on your own terms, so that tomorrow you won't have to be"

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have some predicted pain that makes me feel good afterwards, that I know will take me one step closer to reaching my own goals, rather than have the fear of something unplanned and unpredictable.

There are a few things we know that are true… We know that every time we exercise we feel some kind of pain or discomfort. We sometimes even feel that pain or discomfort for a few days afterwards as well (my clients know this all too well!). But it's the type of discomfort that you love to feel, because it's a sign that you've done something that positively impacts the way you look and feel. That repeated discomfort also adds years to your life.

On the other hand lets look at what happens when out fitness regimes aren't as effective or consistent as they should be… Our muscles become tight and weak, we become more injury prone, and we encounter more pain and discomfort because of it. Our bodies also get out of shape, which can affect our confidence levels and overall happiness. Additionally, I hate to point it out but there's also no point in living until we're old if we're bed-bound, and lack self-independence and freedom.

I'm personally inspired by my own Grandad every single day. He's a proper cockney Londoner, who in his mid-80's can still run for a bus if he needed to. He eats well (with the odd whisky every evening, but you've got to enjoy life right!), and he's active every single day in one way or another. What's most impressive however is because of this lifestyle he leads; he takes no medication at all, for anything. Not one tiny pain pill, nothing!

Getting in great shape for summer or something similar is of course a shorter-term goal, but it's looking past that we should see our biggest motivation.

All I'd like to leave you with is the thought of years to come. I've helped so many people for over a decade achieve their best body shapes. And I'm fully aware I've put them through some targeted, specific and predicted pain to be able to achieve this. But what I'm proud of most is that I know what I'm providing for my clients is some freedom later in life and saving them from some unpredicted pain.

So the next time you're working out, just consider how lucky we all are to be in a place where we can have the opportunity to do something about our own health, fitness and body shape before it's too late.

Here to help and provide you with pain and discomfort everyday ;-)
Gareth
Have you joined the facebook closed group yet?
Copyright © 2018 The Fitness Maverick, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you have opted in to our mailing list, or you have had or currently embarking on a training experience with Team Maverick

Our mailing address is:
The Fitness Maverick
Market Street
South Melbourne
Melbourne, Victoria VIC 3205
Australia

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment